Minimap is tactical tool found in Spec Ops: The Line multiplayer. It can be used to show map layout, important objects within the area, and players.
- Blue dot: Player's own location or squadmates' locations
- Red dot: Enemy players' locations
- Orange dot: Officer supply drop location
- Flashing Blue/Orange dot: Officer's order location
- Yellow X: Player calling for help in DBNO
- Yellow dot: Location of grenade boxes or dropped weapons (only visible with IED Expertise level 2)
- Flashing orange boom marker: Location of remote explosive. Such as a Proximity Mine or C4 (only visible with IED Expertise level 2)
Gametype specific iconsEdit
- Blue A: Allied Vital point
- Blue B: Allied Vital point
- Blue C: Allied Vital point
- Blue D: Allied HVT
- Red A: Enemy Vital point
- Red B: Enemy Vital point
- Red C: Enemy Vital point
- Red D: Enemy HVT
- White X: Destroyed Vital point.
- Rally Point
- Enemy locations are only revealed when they are firing, running, or the player has the appropriate bonuses.
- Sandstorms can cause the minimap to fade in and out of static, making it difficult to use, if at all.
- Perks like Situational Awareness and IED Expertise can make the player's Minimap more effective, while perks like Commando and Hunter make the enemies' minimap less effective.
- There is no minimap in the singleplayer campaign. It exists solely in multiplayer.
- If something is sufficiently higher or lower than the player, the minimap icon will have an arrow on the top or bottom respectively.
Minimap disabled by sandstorm
Minimap as seen with IED Expertise level 2