Frag grenades can be thrown over cover, or bounced off walls, to kill entrenched enemies. When thrown they will explode a few seconds later, killing anyone within its radius, including the player. When landing on hard surfaces they will bounce a short distance further from where it landed. When landing in soft surfaces, such as sand, they will stay in the spot it landed.
- Game files refer to them as M67 Grenades.
- They can not be "cooked" and will not explode regardless of how long the player holds on to one.
- In the multiplayer, they are unlocked at level 1, thus making them available at the start of the game.
- Walker and his squadmates can be killed by their own grenades.
- In the single player, Frag grenades are obtained by finding specially marked grenade crates. In multiplayer, they are replenished by taking grenade boxes.