Edged Weapon Experts (or "Bayonet Runners") are a type of enemy in Spec Ops: The Line.
They are the fastest enemy encountered and are capable of dodging weapons fire, however they never take cover and have little armor. They are equipped with a bayonet and will attempt to charge straight at the player.
- They will never use a gun even if one is easily accessible to them.
- When they are killed they will drop and swing their bayonet in a desperate last effort attack. This however deals no actual damage.
- Killing one when they're within 5 meters or less will grant the "Damn Close" achivement.
- They are also refered to as 'Bayonet Runners' in loading srceens for the campaign.
- They can not be knocked down by melee attacks.
- Despite their aversion to guns, they carry a Micro 9mm which they drop upon death.